DRESS CODE FOR TRYOUTS
- Do not wear any club gear on shorts, socks, etc. - club bags to bring your gear in is ok.
- All players must bring a soccer ball and shinguards.
- We strongly encourage everyone to bring extra water. ASA will not be providing any centralized hydration.
Arizona Soccer Association is looking forward to seeing everyone at ODP Tryouts this weekend, August 29th and 30th, at the Grande Sports World (12684 W Gila Bend Hwy) in Casa Grande.
There has been tremendous interest in the ASA ODP program for the past few years and the number of players registering for this year's tryouts has increased, which is a testament to the quality of the ODP Staff and the results Arizona has produced at the last three ODP West Region Championships.
With the increase in restrictions, and to ensure ASA demonstrates the practice and adheres to the defined COVID protocols with a focus on players, coaches, and families, there will need to be adjustments made to the tryout schedule. The updated tryout schedule to August 29th and 30th at the Grande Sports World is as follows:
8:00AM - 9:30AM | 2009/2010 Boys & Girls
10:00AM - 11:30AM | 2007/2008 Boys & Girls
12:00PM - 1:30PM | 2005/2006 Boys & Girls
2:00PM - 3:30PM | 2004 Boys & Girls
Players should arrive an hour before their tryout to pick up their t-shirt. If you picked up your t-shirt you can go directly to your field after the field has been cleared from the previous tryout session. You can still pick-up t-shirts at the ASA office on Wednesday, August 26th, and Thursday, August 27th from 12:00PM-2:00PM. Our address is 2320 W. Peoria Ave, C-123, Phoenix, AZ 85029.
The following will be enforced:
- There will be no centralized hydration. Players must bring plenty of water.
- Masks will be required to be worn by players to/from the field.
- Masks will be worn by all coaches and ASA staff.
- To avoid congestion tryouts there is a half hour in between tryouts
- Equipment will be sanitized during and between tryouts
- Players will not be allowed to enter their field until all players from the previous session have departed.
- Parents/Spectators will not be allowed on any of the fields/grass area during the tryouts. There will be designated areas that will not be considered part of the field that parents/spectators may sit however, masks and social distancing will be required. We ask that only one parent/guardian attend training