Arizona Soccer Association and MaxInMotion® have partnered to create a college preparation program for juniors. This is a two-year program intended to help underserved soccer players prepare for college from both an academic and athletic perspective.
The program is meant to guide students in the following areas:
- College applications, essays, and interviews
- ACT, SAT, and PSAT prep and test-taking strategies
- Review high school courses and the pathway to college to make sure they meet all requirements to attend their ideal college
- Explore career opportunities based on personality types, hobbies, and interests
- Find community service opportunities
- Find opportunities to get involved in school
- Find scholarship opportunities
- Explore different colleges (whether in person or virtually)
- For those interested in playing college soccer, make soccer resumes and find resources to reach out to college coaches
The program will meet with students both individually and in a group 1-2 times a month for 24 months either in person or virtually. There will occasionally be homework assignments meant to help students with this process. To get the full benefit of the program, students should complete the homework assignments, but it is not required.
Who: High School Sophomores
Where: Zoom, with the opportunity to come in person to Arizona Soccer Association (2320 W Peoria Ave C-123, Phoenix, AZ 85029)
When: Starting the week of 3/23/21. Meetings will be Monthly. There will be individual meetings (emails, texts, phone calls, zooms), and group meetings (Zoom).