As a reminder, and communicated on November 9, 2020, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Arizona Soccer Association (ASA) will be hosted virtually on January 31, 2021 at 10:00am. The past two years ASA has hosted a Leadership Summit and Awards Gala as part of a complete weekend of events however, due to the continuing impacts of COVID-19 we feel it is best to not host a large indoor gathering.
The AGM is the when the Membership votes on new Board Members and any Bylaw changes/updates. The Membership voting strength is established by Bylaw 301, Section 1(b), “at each Annual General Meeting, the number of votes of a club is determined by the number of players registered and fees paid by the club with ASA, according to the ASA registrar, as of forty-five (45) days [December 18, 2020] before the date of the Annual General Meeting. Where clubs/leagues have not registered their membership by that date, votes will be determined based on the previous year’s registration numbers.”
The following outlines, per ASA Bylaws nominations for the ASA Board of Directions and Bylaw proposals are submitted:
Bylaw Proposals - In accordance with Bylaw 312, Section 5 and 6(a), Bylaw amendment proposals using the attached document below, Board of Director nominations, and any new business items must be submitted by December 18, 2020 to ArizonaSoccerAssociation@azyouthsoccer.org
Bylaw 312, Section 5 directs that “Any business item (including proposed amendment to the bylaws of ASA to be presented at an Annual General Meeting must be submitted in writing to ASA 45 days prior to the Annual General Meeting” – Deadline for submission of any business items, including Bylaw proposals to be included in the Annual General Meeting will be December 18, 2020.
ASA Board of Directors - ASA Board of Director elections will take place during the AGM. All nominees must complete SafeSport training and pass a background check no later than December 18, 2020 to be included on the voting ballot. Nominations should be sent to ArizonaSoccerAssociation@azyouthsoccer.org. The following board positions will be voted on:
- Vice President – Incumbent: Linda Corbett will be seeking re-election
- Director of Leagues – Incumbent: Collier Hill will be seeking re-election
- Member-at-Large – Incumbent: Liza Merrill will be seeking re-election
- Treasurer – Incumbent: Dan Littlefield will be seeking re-election
- District I North Commissioner – Incumbent: Kenny Laird will not be seeking re-election for this position
- District III – Incumbent: Don Hann will be seeking re-election
- District VI Commissioner – Incumbent: Chris Daigle will be seeking re-election
- District VII North Commissioner – Incumbent: Holly Jones will be seeking re-election
NOTE: District Commissioners are voted on by the Clubs based in the respective District.
Board position responsibilities can be found in ASA Bylaw 403. Click here to access ASA Bylaws.