Sunday, January 26, 2020 kicks off with the ASA business meeting at 8:30AM followed by the AGM at 10:00AM, which includes voting on Bylaw changes as well elections for the ASA Board of Directors.
In accordance with Bylaw 312, Section 5 and 6(a), Bylaw amendment proposals using the attached document, Board of Director nominations, and any new business items must be submitted by December 12, 2019 to DoloresAbernathy@azyouthsoccer.org
- Bylaw 312, Section 5 directs that “Any business item (including proposed amendment to the bylaws of ASA to be presented at an Annual General Meeting must be submitted in writing to ASA 45 days prior to the Annual General Meeting” – Deadline for submission of any business items, including Bylaw proposals to be included in the Annual General Meeting will be December 12, 2019.
- Bylaw 312, Section 6(a) states that “A person wishing to run for office shall submit their intention to run for office to the Board of Directors no less than 45 days prior to the Annual General Meeting."
In accordance with Bylaw 312, Section 3 ASA will provide all required AGM materials (agenda, bylaw proposals, proposed budget, and list of declared Board of Director candidates a minimum of 30 days prior to January 26, 2020, via email to all Club Presidents
ASA Board of Director elections
ASA Board of Director elections will take place during the AGM. All nominees must complete SafeSport training and pass a background check no later than December 19, 2019 to be included on the voting ballot. The following board positions will be voted on:
- President – Incumbent: Randy Karg will be seeking re-election
- Secretary – Incumbent: Corbett Hess will not be seeking re-election
- Director of Tournaments – Incumbent: Joann MacLean will be seeking re-election
- Director of Development – Incumbent: Doug Sandstedt will not be seeking re-election
- Sergeant at Arms – Incumbent: John Sterling will not be seeking re-election
- District I North Commissioner – Incumbent: Kenny Laird will be seeking re-election
- District I South Commissioner – Incumbent: Jason Hammonds will be seeking re-election
- District II Commissioner – Incumbent: Pat Dunham will be seeking re-election
- District IV Commissioner – Vacant
- District VI North Commissioner – Vacant
- District VII South Commissioner – Incumbent: Lis Gittens will be seeking re-election
NOTE: District Commissioners are voted on by the Clubs based in the respective District.
Position responsibilities can be found in ASA Bylaw 403. Click here to access ASA Bylaws.