ASA and our member clubs have been following the COVID-19 situation daily. We are aware of the increases being reported in cases and the current and ever-changing conditions. ASA has continued meeting with clubs on protocols and measures that we must maintain to responsibly continue to play soccer.
We are confident in the protocols that have been put in place and, to date we have not seen spread within a single team, club, or between opponents. Based on this, and the collective efforts of coaches, team officials, ASA staff, and the overall community we feel continuing to play is appropriate at this time, with the continued restrictions and conditions. It is imperative that everyone work together and follow the requirements. Coaches, parents, and players need to hold each other accountable by wearing masks and socially distant.
Phase 4 Step 2 includes:
- If you are not feeling well – STAY HOME!!!
- If you are not comfortable playing or participating – DON’T!!!
- Spectators to wear masks at all times and social distance as much as possible
- Coaches/Team Officials required to wear masks at all times.
- Coaches/Team Officials required to ensure adherence of spectators. Failure to adhere to Phase 4, Step 2 protocols could result in a $500 fine to the Club. – ASA STAFF WILL BE PRESENT TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE
- Players to wear masks to/from the field, and when not playing.
The key requirements include:
ASA will continue to monitor the situation and remain fluid in our direction. In the meantime we must remain maniacally focused on adhering to all requirements, at all times. It is important that EVERYONE continue to work together, hold each other accountable, mask-up, socially distance, and ensure that adherence is our TOP PRIORITY so we can keep soccer on the field!