Effective September 25, 2020 the Arizona Soccer Association (ASA) will move to Phase 4 Step 2 of our COVID Return-to-Play protocols, where facilities allow. Be aware that facilities in Mesa, Pima County, Scottsdale, and some private facilities will still not allow spectators on or around the fields.
While Phase 4 Step 2 will allow for spectators to sit on the field, where facilities allow, this also increases the responsibility of coaches and team managers to ensure that all spectators wear masks at all times and social distance as much as possible. Phase 4 Step 2 does not reduce our commitment to adherence. It increases it for everyone as we stay focused on playing the entire season without interruption.
Phase 4 Step 2 includes:
- If you are not feeling well – STAY HOME!!!
- If you aren’t comfortable playing or participating – DON’T!!!
- Spectators allowed to sit on the field, where facilities allow. Specific seating include spectators sitting on the same side of the field as their team, on the half opposite of the Assistant Referee. (Diagram below)
- Spectators to wear masks at all times and social distance as much as possible
- Coaches/Team Officials required to wear masks at all times.
- Coaches/Team Officials required to ensure adherence of spectators. Failure to adhere to Phase 4, Step 2 protocols could result in a $500 fine to the Club.
- Players to wear masks to/from the field, and when not playing.
The official seating layout is:
The COVID Return-to-Play Phase 4 requirements include:
The complete list of requirements for Step 2 include:
We are very excited to be in a position to allow spectators back on the field, where facilities allow. We must remain maniacally focused on adhering to all requirements, at all times. It’s important that EVERYONE continue to work together, hold each other accountable, mask-up, socially distance, and ensure that adherence is our TOP PRIORITY!! We have come a long way so let’s continue moving forward TOGETHER!