Job Posted Tuesday, October 17
The Arizona Youth Soccer Association is looking to fill its open Director of Coaching position. Interested candidates must submit resume and salary requirements to Leslie Johnson, Arizona Youth Soccer Executive Director on or before Wednesday, November 1, 2017 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administer and manage the Arizona Coaching Education Program.
- Select, train, mentor, and manage staff coaching instructors in support of curriculum for US Soccer and US Youth Soccer coaching courses.
- Review, update and develop state coaching courses to meet the needs of programs within the state association consistent with the philosophies and intent of US Soccer and US Youth Soccer.
- Develop a 12 month and 24 month coach development plan that includes the number and type of anticipated coaching clinics and other development opportunities for AYSA Coaches. Update annually.
- Maintain all records of courses and clinics including pre-registration, attendance, financials and facilities.
- Serve as the lead instructor and coordinator of instruction, whenever possible, for all state level clinics as per guidelines from US Soccer and US Youth Soccer. Promote attendance at all state level clinics.
- Observe and evaluate staff instructors as they teach the coaching courses and clinics. A minimum of one written evaluation per instructor per year is required. Results of each evaluation are to be filed with the Executive Director.
- Promote and manage TOPSoccer, AYSA Academy Programs and Afterschool Programs.
- Design and implement a parent education program that would include parent meetings, parent handbooks, handouts and occasional seminars.
- Promote and manage the AYSA ODP Program.
- Maintain an updated list of the State ODP Coaching Staff with their qualifications and participation.
- Observe and evaluate State ODP Coaching Staff as they conduct tryouts, train and coach their respective State team. A minimum of one written evaluation per approved ODP Coach per year is required.
- Promote and manage AYSA ODP camps, sub-regional camps, regional camps, and approved AYSA international events.
- Conduct DOC meetings. (minimum of 4 per year)
- Provide monthly reports to Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
USSF National “B” License or Higher
10 Years, Coaching at the Club, Junior College or College level.
5 Years, organizing state and/or local level soccer camps/clinics
5 Years, managing direct reports and/or indirect reports
Exceptional communication skills both verbal and in writing
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency
Exceptional organizational, leadership and teaching ability
Must be in good standing with US Soccer and its members
Experience implementing/managing TOPSoccer programs
Experience with US Soccer DCC
3 Years, experience with US Youth Soccer ODP Program
US Soccer Instructor Certification
About Arizona Youth Soccer Association:
Arizona Youth Soccer Association is a nonprofit organization that represents over 43,000 players, 4,000 Coaches and 80 League/Clubs throughout the state. For more information on Arizona Youth Soccer please visit www.azyouthsoccer.org.