Arizona Soccer Association (ASA) is focused on ensuring the health and wellbeing of the players, coaches, referees, and their families. The ASA has been monitoring the constantly evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and has been regularly seeking comment and advice from federal, state, and local agencies in addition to the CDC and WHO.
Additionally, we are in communication with US Youth Soccer and the United States Soccer Federation. If there are any changes to current soccer policies, the ASA will communicate them to our member clubs.
With the increasing number of cases reported around the world, the ASA highly recommends that everyone follow the protocols and best practices set forth by the CDC.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Here are several resources and communications from the CDC and other organizations regarding the Coronavirus:
CDC - Coronavirus Overview
CDC - Travel Recommendations (China)
CDC - Frequently Asked Questions
CDC - Travelers Health
WHO - Advice for Coronavirus
U.S. Department of State - Country Specific Travel Information
USOPC - Coronavirus Update
The health and wellbeing of our members are paramount, so please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or comments.
Arizona Soccer Association