Thursday, March 12th, 2020 -- Given all of the recent actions being taken by professional sports leagues, NCAA, and national soccer events, the Arizona Soccer Association (ASA) has been proactive in communicating with various sports organizations within Arizona and around the country.
The cancellation by these organizations are focused on the elements of travel and the impacts of bringing large groups together from many different communities. ASA recommends:
- Suspension of any out-of-state travel
- Change pre/post-game sportsmanship from “open palm high five” to verbal “good game”
ASA is staying up to date with state health guidelines and recommendations that currently include (https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/infectious-diseaseepidemiology/index.php#novel-coronavirus-home):
- No recommendations to cancel mass gatherings at this time
- No recommendations to close schools at this time
- Nor current changes to your normal business activities. Telework and other alternatives can be considered.
- Increase hand hygiene (wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds)
- Stay home when you are sick
- Implement visitor screening for healthcare facilities and congregate settings.
Based on the above all ASA managed leagues and events will continue as scheduled.
ASA will continue to monitor the situation as it changes and evolves. We will continue to make communication with our clubs a top priority.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions