As many are aware, the local municipalities have established local proclamations regarding the wearing of face masks. Cities and counties have been announcing their individual proclamations and ASA has collated the various proclamations for each municipality and it can be found on our website.
With these new requirements, the priority for adherence should be:
- Municipality proclamation
- Parks and Recreation/Field allocation authority
- ASA Return-to-Play Guidelines.
It is imperative that we not lose focus on doing everything in our power to reduce and/or eliminate the spread of COVID-19. We must remain disciplined and committed to:
- If you are not comfortable returning to play – DON’T!!
- If you are sick or feel sick STAY HOME
- Minimizing contact during training sessions
- Ensure that all players maintain a distance of 10 feet between each other, when not required during a training exercise. This includes during “team talks” and when players are on the sideline during training exercises.
- Provide a “station” for each player to place their equipment and they can return to during breaks.
- Do not allow anyone to share water
- Remind all parents to maintain proper social distancing. In fact, encourage parents to stay in their vehicles during training sessions. They should remain their and away from other parents and players.
- All non-playing participants (coaches, parents, administrators) to wear a mask , in alignment with local municipal or CDC recommendations.
- Respect each individual’s decision to return when they are comfortable. Ultimately parents must make the decision when they feel it is safe for their children to return.
Our current situation continues to evolve every day but if we work together and maintain our discipline individually, as a team, as a club, and as a community, we will get back to full unrestricted play sooner rather than later. ASA asks that each coach, team official, and parent commit the discipline it will take to get past this by committing to everything listed above. Your support and commitment will just continue to prove why soccer is the best sport in Arizona, played by the best our communities have to offer.
Casa Grande: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19FQ7TT7iVwZ2aubMuDaE3jLJHkOcXtQm/view
Gila River Indian Community: http://www.gilariver.org/view/download.php/misc/user_file_22
San Luis: https://www.sanluisaz.gov/DocumentCenter/View/9380/Proclamation-Continued-Declaration-of-Emergency-and-the-Legal-Opinion
Scottsdale: https://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/Assets/ScottsdaleAZ/News/News Images/News documents/scottsdale-emergency-proclamation-june-18-2020.pdf
Somerton: https://www.somertonaz.gov/document_center/COVID-19/COVID 19 EMERGENCY PROCLAMATION - Somerton Face Covering.pdf