1. Administer and manage the ASA ODP Program
2. Maintain an updated list of the State ODP coaching Staff with their qualifications and participation
3. Observe and evaluate State ODP Coaching Staff as they conduct tryouts, train and coach their respective teams. A minimum of one written evaluation per approved ODP Coach per year is required, Results of each evaluation are to be filed with the CEO.
4. Develop additional materials (teaching and training aids) which helps State ODP Coaching Staff and pool players.
5. Develop a 12 month and 24 month development plan for our State Olympic Development Program that will include the number and type of competitions and training development opportunities for players selected to AZ ODP pool. This plan will be provided to the CEO and updated annually.
6. Participate in State, Regional, and National events involving the ODP Program.
7. Promote and manage ASA ODP camps.
8. Promote and manage Sub-regional camps in AZ
9. Promote and manage approved ASA International ODP events.
10. Design supplementary skills clinics and camps for players.
11. Create a college recruiting information program and educate the players and parents on college playing opportunities.
12. Provide monthly reports to CEO.
13. Promote ASA/ODP Program within the community and help with public relations.
14. Work with Director of Coaching Education as an additional resource for ASA with the purpose of running clinics, workshop, and coaching courses.
15. Help prepare for and present at annual coaching symposiums, staff meetings, and annual state workshops.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
17. Promote and develop training curriculum for After-School programs
18. Work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Director of Player Development shall not serve any soccer team, club, association, or league, except in those matters specifically approved by the CEO.
The Director of Player Development shall conduct him/herself in a responsible, moral and professional manner.
In expressing personal, political or religious beliefs or positions, the Director of Player Development shall make it clear that it is his/her personal belief and he/she shall not refer to any position of the state association and shall not reference any affiliation with the state association concerning such beliefs. He/she understand that the state association is a tax-exempt organization and as such, must avoid partisan politics.
The Director of Player Development must receive prior and written approval from the Executive Director to conduct or be on the staff of any soccer or athletic camp.
The Director of Player Development must receive prior and written approval from the Executive Director to enter into any soccer related venture for profit.
Director of Player Development agrees that, during the two (2) years immediately following the termination of employment with ASA for any reason, you will not serve as Director or Manager of any competing soccer identification program within Arizona without consent from the Arizona Soccer Association.
Salary to be commensurate with experience and qualifications.