The National D license is a 40 to 45-hour course, held over two weekends, at minimum 4 weeks apart, designed for the grassroots coach who meets the prerequisites outlined below. The focus of this course is to facilitate the improvement of the candidates in the Six Tasks of a Coach across all four game models (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11) with a particular emphasis on Coaching Training Sessions. Candidates that register for this course are expected to attend both meetings.
Eligibility Requirements: A unique combination of three of the eight Grassroots Licenses now formally represent the prerequisite to progress to the U.S. Soccer D License. Specifically, candidates must have completed a minimum of three grassroots courses, in the form of two in-person courses and one online course:
• Two in-person courses (one of which must be the 11v11)
• One online course across any of the four levels (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11) Coaching candidates who have earned the E or F License will have the following opportunities to use those certifications toward the D License prerequisites:
• U.S. Soccer E License Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module
• U.S. Soccer F License Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module 11v11 in-person license one other in-person license
• Date: (May 31-June 2 )
• Time: (Friday 530-930pm; Sat 9am-8pm; Sun 9am-6pm)
• Location: (ASA offices, 2320 W Peoria Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85029)
Development Period: The Development Period is the time in between course meeting one and two. It is vital that candidates have access to a team during this period so that they can practically apply what they learned during the first course meeting and complete their assignments.
• Date: (July 20-21)
• Time: (8-7 pm both days)
• Location: (ASA Offices, 2320 W Peoria Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85029
Please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.