Nominations for board positions are due by December 12 and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals for bylaws are due December 12, 2018. Click here for the form to make a bylaw proposal. Send to email@example.com.
- Leadership Summit and AGM will be January 26 – 27, 2019 at the Phoenix Marriott Resort Tempe at The Buttes, 2000 W. Westcourt Way, Tempe, AZ. (Itinerary below)
- Bylaw proposals due December 12, 2018 on the attached document.
- Nominations for Board Positions due December 12, 2018. (Open positions listed below)
- SafeSport will be onsite to provide training on the Federal Law
- Awards Gala invitations have been sent out. Please RSVP if you will be in attendance.
- US Men’s National Team will be playing at State Farm Stadium (Glendale, AZ) – The AGM should be done in time to attend
Saturday, January 26, will be focused on Leadership Development and will consist of workshops, training, roundtable events, and the First Annual ASA Award Banquet. Confirmed speakers to include:
- Chris Moore, CEO US Youth Soccer
- Dan Pullen, Pullen Insurance
This year’s Awards Banquet will be a celebration of all the outstanding achievements from the past year to include ASA Hall of Fame inductions.
Sunday, January 27, will kick off with an ASA business meeting followed by the AGM which includes elections for the ASA Board of Directors. The AGM will conclude around 12:00 p.m.
In accordance with Bylaw 312, Section 3 ASA will provide all required AGM materials (agenda, bylaw proposals, proposed budget, and list of declared Board of Director candidates a minimum of 30 days prior to January 27, 2019.
The following is key information relative to Bylaw proposals and the Board of Directors elections:
- Bylaw 312, Section 5 directs that “Any business item (including proposed amendment to the bylaws of ASA to be presented at an Annual General Meeting must be submitted in writing to ASA 45 days prior to the Annual General Meeting” – Deadline for submission of any business items, including Bylaw proposals to be included in the Annual General Meeting will be December 14, 2018.
Bylaw proposals must be submitted using the attached document.
ASA Board of Director elections will take place during the AGM. Nominations should be submitted to Rick Kelsey (firstname.lastname@example.org) for anyone interested in the following positions:
o President – Incumbent: Randy Karg will be seeking re-election
o Vice President – Incumbent: Linda Corbett will be seeking re-election
o Director of Tournaments – Incumbent: Joann MacLean will be seeking re-election
o Director of Leagues – Incumbent: Collier Hill will be seeking re-election
o Director of Community Relations – Incumbent: Renee Karlin will not be seeking re-election
o Treasurer – Incumbent: Liza Merrill will be seeking for re-election
o District I North Commissioner – Vacant
o District III Commissioner – Incumbent: Don Hann will be seeking re-election
o District V Commissioner – Incumbent: Don Thomas
o District VII North Commissioner – Incumbent: Carla Caslin.
NOTE: District Commissioners are voted on by the Clubs based in the respective District.
Position responsibilities can be found in ASA Bylaw 403. Click here to access ASA Bylaws.
This communication is being distributed to Club Presidents, Registrars, Executive Directors, and Directors of Coaching but if there are any questions don’t hesitate to contact the ASA Staff.