Dear Club Officials and Tournament Directors:
This email is your friendly reminder that requests for AZ Soccer Association sanctioning for tournaments for the 2020-2021 season are due no later than March 1st, 2020. All applications must be received by March 1st to avoid a late fee (Tournaments that are not new and not on probation may apply for a two year approval for the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons). If you have already submitted your event application, thank you!
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- All applications must include a completed "Application to Host a Tournament or Games" which can be found by clicking here.
- First-year events may apply for one season only. If this application cycle is not the first year and your event is not on probation, you may apply for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 season (with a completed application for EACH season of your event).
- All applications will be considered once the deadline has passed and Tournament Directors will be notified via email with an approval or decline letter.
- Any event that is declined due to a date conflict with another event may request an alternate date.
The following tournaments are approved for the 2020-2021 season, based on the previous two-year approval process:
- · Arsenal Challenge – October 9 – 11, 2020
- · Heritage Cup – November 20 – 22, 2020
- · Desert Super Cup – November 27 – 29, 2020
- · Desert Classic – February 5 – 7, 2021
- · Presidents Day Tournament – February 12 – 15, 2021
- · Copper State – March 19 – 21, 2021
The following tournament applications have been received by the Tournament Committee for sanctioning consideration:
- · Flagstaff SC Fall and Spring
- · Strikers Cup
- · Rush Cup
- · PRFC Fall Classic
- · Stars Cup
- · CDO Challenge
The tournament committee has established an e-mail address for tournament applications. Please send your completed applications and supporting documents (as required) to email@example.com. This e-mail address is only to be used for tournament applications. Any questions/concerns/inquiries should be sent directly to Joanna MacLean, Director of Tournaments at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure a prompt response.
On behalf of the AZ Soccer Association staff and Board of Directors, we look forward to welcoming your event in the 2020-21 season!
Director of Tournaments
AZ Soccer Association