INTERNATIONAL CLEARANCE PROCESS
Please check with your club registrar for your club's procedures.
For more information please see US Soccer International Clearance Overview.
TEAM AGE BRACKETS & MATRIX 2022/23 SEASON
Age Groups for the seasonal year that begins September 1, 2022 and ends August 31, 2023
- 19U - January 1, 2004 and younger
- 18U - January 1, 2005 and younger
- 17U - January 1, 2006 and younger
- 16U - January 1, 2007 and younger
- 15U - January 1, 2008 and younger
- 14U - January 1, 2009 and younger
- 13U - January 1, 2010 and younger
- 12U - January 1, 2011 and younger
- 11U - January 1, 2012 and younger
- 10U - January 1, 2013 and younger
- 9U - January 1, 2014 and younger
- 8U - January 1, 2015 and younger
- 7U - January 1, 2016 and younger
Age-Group Matrix 2022/23 Season
- U7-U8: 5 players minimum / 8 players maximum
- U9-U10: 7 players minimum / 12 players maximum
- U11-U12: 7 players minimum / 16 players maximum
- U13-U18: 7 players minimum / 22 players maximum
- U19: 7 players minimum / 22 players maximum
Player Release Form
Player Transfer Form
Player Transfer and Release Request Facts
- Player release and transfer requests are processed 6 days from date of submission or upon approval(s) of club(s). Transfers will NOT be processed without approval of ACCEPTING CLUB.
- A “Transfer” is when a player moves from one ASA club to another ASA club within a season. There is no charge directly to the player for a transfer. There is a $10 transfer fee invoiced to the receiving club for each transfer including the difference in tier fee (if any).
- A “Release” is when a player wants to leave their current club without plans for immediate registration at a new club. Once the release is processed, the player no longer holds a current registration and is not insured. There is no charge for a release. However, if the player registers with a new club, the $10 transfer fee applies invoiced to new club along with the difference in tier fee (if any).
- A player can only be registered to one ASA club at a time.
- Requests can be submitted by the player/parent ONLY. · Requests are submitted ONLINE using the transfer or release request link found on the ASA website.
- The link will prompt player/parent to log into their Got Sport player account.
- If player/parent does not know their password, then click on “Forgot password?”
- Clubs cannot deny a player transfer or release request.
- Once the player release/transfer request is processed, players are still bound to financial agreements made with the club upon registration. Parent/player must reach out to the club to obtain information on their outstanding financial obligations.
- Requests are processed by Arizona Soccer Association.
- Players who transfer from one club to another club after November 1st will be ineligible for participation in Arizona Presidents Cup and State Cup for that seasonal year. NOTE: The November 1st transfer deadline does not apply to players registered as in-house/Rec/Tier 4 or to U19 players for State and Presidents Cup