Arizona Soccer Association
Welcome to the Arizona Soccer Association Advanced Leagues for the 2023-2024 season. Both Arizona Premier League (APL) and Arizona State League (ASL1 & ASL2) will continue to see many enhancements in 2023-2024 to better align with US Soccer’s Player Development Initiatives and ASA’s Development Strategy.
- Point of Contact for the League: Advancedleagues@azyouthsoccer.org
June 1st: Advanced Leagues registration opens (12U-19U). All teams interested in playing in the Advanced Leagues must apply.
June 30th: Advanced Leagues registration deadline
July 14th: Bracket review
July 19th: Brackets finalized
August 3rd: Schedule review
August 10th: Schedules final
August 26th: Play-in Games (If needed – teams will be contacted by the league)
September 1st: Rosters populated
September 22nd-24th: League weekend 15U-19U at Legacy Sports Complex and Kino
October 20th-22nd: League weekend 12U-19U at Bell 94, SSC, and Flagstaff
October 27th-29th: League weekend 12U-19U at Bell 94, SSC, and Kino
December 1st-3rd: League weekend 12U-14U at Bell 94 and SSC
February 3rd-4th: League weekend 12U-14U at Phoenix Events Complex
March 1st-3rd: League weekend 12U-14U at Legacy Sports Complex. 15U-19U Fall make up or bonus play date
|Advanced Leagues Fee Structure (Per Team) 2023-2024|
|Age Group||Deposit Fee||Registration Fee||Total Cost|
|*$100 Deposit fee is paid at the time of registration and the remaining registration fee will be charged once the team is accepted into the Advanced Leagues.|
|*Registration fees are based on an anticipated number of scheduled matches (10 for 12U-14U, 7 for 15U-19U). Teams that are not scheduled the anticipated average number of matches will receive a partial refund.|
- 2023-24 League Rules
- Desert Conference and National League Information
- Team/Spectator Seating
- Game Durations and Field Size
- Competition Roster Size Guide & Substitution Rules
- 2023-2024 ASA Protest Submission
Environmental Conditions Resources
- ASA Recommendations to handle Games During Lightning, Rain, and other Conditions.
- NFHS Guidelines on Handling Practices and Contests During Lightning or Thunder Disturbances.
- US Soccer Recognize to Recover Website.
- US Soccer Environmental Condition Documents for Heat Guidelines and Cold Weather Guidelines.
US Soccer Resources
- Player Development Initiative (PDI) English
- Player Development Initiative (PDI) Spanish
- US Soccer Nutrition Guide
- US Soccer Mental Health Resources for Athletes
Additional League Information
All coaches within APL & ASL are required to possess a minimum of an E or Grassroots coaching license by the start of the 2023-2024 league season.
Advanced Leagues Application Process
Teams may apply using the link at the top of the webpage (Deadline Posted Above). Applying teams should have realistic expectations based on their prior season finish in League and Cups. The application requires detailed information to support the request to be reviewed by the LOC. All returning and new teams planning on playing in Advanced Leagues must complete the application process.
Advanced Leagues Placement Notification Process
For the 2023-2024 Season: The League Commissioner will notify the teams that they have been Accepted or Declined for the league (APL, ASL1, ASL2) in GotSport.
Teams that are on the Waiting List in some age groups have not been placed in Advanced Leagues yet (APL, ASL1, or ASL2 at this time). A team will be notified if their status changes. Teams on the Waiting List should prepare to register for their regional open leagues such as Arizona Soccer Association’s Open League, or FBSL upon notification if their status changes to “Declined“.
Teams that are identified for a play-in game will be notified after teams register. ASA will schedule the games on August 26th before the regular season begins.
Arizona Advanced Leagues Placements
League Commissioner and/or League Operations Committee reserve the right to adjust the division size if deemed necessary. Teams that applied for a division do not have to also apply for a lower division if they are not accepted. For example, a team that applies for APL does not need to complete an application for ASL as well. Teams that have not been accepted into APL after applying are automatically considered for ASL1 and ASL2.
- When the GotSport Team account is being created or when the existing GotSport Team account is being updated, it is critical to adjust the Team ID# first before adding the coach or team officials. Adding the Coach and Team Officials on the team account first and then later adjusting the Team ID field will result in the Coach and Team Officials field being wiped out.
Please do not set up separate Coach accounts for each team or scheduling for Coach Conflicts will not appear.
- How to Apply/Register a Team as a Coach or Manager to a League
- Tip on Selecting Event Age: When selecting the “Event Age” when completing your application, keep in mind that your team’s age is based on the 2022-2023 Soccer Seasonal Year. You would be applying for the next age up for most teams in the following year. For example, a 2007 team would be U16 for the 2022-2023 year. For the 2023-2024 Advanced Leagues application, you would normally select the U17 Event Age for the upcoming year.
- Updating the Time Zone on Your GotSport Profile
- How to Create an Event Roster for Advanced Leagues
- How to print game cards for Advanced Leagues
- How to add a club pass player from a team account
- How to add jersey numbers to Players as a Coach or Manager
- How to Use Team Chat Function between teams
- Traffic updates and Freeway Closures: ADOT News and Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory
- Bell 94 Sports Complex: 9390 E Bell Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 | Field Map
- Kino Sports Complex: 2500 E Ajo Way, Tucson, AZ 85713 | Field Map
- Phoenix Events Complex: 2209 N 99th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85031 | Field Map | ($5 Entrance Fee Per Car)
- Scottsdale Sports Complex: 8081 E Princess Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 | Field Map
League field usage and locations are dependent upon availability and the above list is neither an exclusive nor exhaustive list of what may be used each season. The sole purpose of this list is as a reference tool.