Welcome to the TOPSoccer page! TOPSoccer - the outreach program for soccer - is a community based program that is designed to meet the needs of children and young adults that have physical and/or intellectual disabilities. The program is geared towards player development rather than competition. The program is designed to bring the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to anyone aged 5 and older, who has a mental or physical disability.
The basis of TOPSoccer is a modified version of the game of soccer, specifically altered to allow full participation and enjoyment for each athlete.
For further information please contact Arizona TOPSoccer Chair Jason Hall (480-812-5411) at email@example.com
Download the welcome brochure
CLUBS OFFERING TOPSOCCER
RSL Arizona South (Chandler/Gilbert area)
RSL Arizona (West Valley)
Arizona Arsenal (Gilbert, Mesa, Queen Creek)
WHAT ARE THE PROGRAM BENEFITS?
1. Development of motor skills and improved physical fitness.
2. Promoted social skills by teaching teamwork and cooperation.
3. Provides safe participation and fair play
4. Develops positive self-concepts through experiences in discipline, initiative, and achievement, which encourage children to fully realize their potential.
5. To have FUN!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR TOPSOCCER?
Any player aged five and older having a physical or mental disability that limits their ability to perform at the level of play they have chosen to participate. Emphasis of this program is on development, training, and providing meaningful participation rather than competition.
HOW IS TOPSOCCER SIMILAR TO TYPICAL SOCCER PROGRAMS?
1. Players are coached
2. Community based
3. Rewarding to everyone who participates